Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fort Update

Some time ago I posted about how much the kids enjoy building forts outside in our woods (here and here).  They go in spurts, but over the last month or so since we've had some great spring weather, they've been diligently building, remodeling, and constructing again. 

If you remember Wolfe Lodge, then you'll notice a definite improvement with many updates.

 The front:


Now with a swing-up door:


The back, with a turf roof:


I haven't heard a name for this fort yet.  Actually it's more of a neighborhood of forts:




I love watching the kids learning teamwork, using their imaginations, and just having care-free fun.  It reminds me so much of my childhood days building forts in the woods at Tahoe, making cabins from old railroad ties in Illinois, and playing with the neighborhood kids.  That's what I remember, not so much the organized sports, or scheduled events, just the "regular" fun and play.

No comments: