Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Animal Rescuer

Johanna is quite passionate about animals of all shapes, kinds, and sizes.  She dreams of becoming an animal rescuer some day.  She is genuinely tenderhearted towards creatures and I honestly think that her little heart skips a beat every time she sees one.  I found this note attached to her desk:


I remember the day, but not the exact stories that go along with it.  It must have had something to do with our cats and a bird hitting the window!

The other day she heard/saw a bird hit the window and she was outside in a split second.  She was almost in tears as she excitedly said, "I rescued a bird!  I rescued a bird!"


Yes, she rescued this little Tufted Titmouse that had hit the window and would surely have been an easy snack for the cats.  After a couple of minutes it was on it's way and Johanna's dreams of becoming a professional animal rescuer were all the more cemented in her heart.



Cute little guy, isn't he?  We have a lot of these at our feeders.

2 comments:

Amy said...

she is so sweet!

way to go Johanna!

Kate said...

Tenderhearted Johanna. xox