Another bookworm in our house....
It's taken three years, but we have another kid that loves to read! Elijah has totally gotten into the Boxcar Children books and is on his tenth book now. He'll excitedly tell you what's going on in the book, and makes it come alive as if it's true and he's there.
I always love it when I find my kids reading, not because they have to for school time, but because they are engrossed in a book and don't want to put it down. I still have Elijah read aloud to me each school day, but he is doing so well. Really, it's amazing to think that just three years ago we weren't even home from China with him. We were in Guangzhou, using all sorts of hand gestures and facial expressions, a little handheld electronic translator, our agency guide, and anything else we could to try to communicate the basics of what was necessary. Compared to then, communication now is so effortless. Truly amazing!
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago

4 comments:
I love this picture too... for all the same reasons. Nothing like getting so caught up in a book that you can't put it down. When you know how awesome that is, you really want it for your kids!! :)
That is so wonderful!
Sarah and Jaden love to read.
I love to see them reading!
I'm still blown away at how quickly he's picked up English. Amazing kid!
Way to go, Elijah! It's truly evidence of God's hand in E's adjustment and language development. We are amazed as we watch God reveal and unfold his story.
Post a Comment