As we began the high school years of home schooling, some asked (ourselves included), how we would teach such things as biology. Fortunately many have forged the road ahead of us and there are plenty of materials and resources available.
Michaela has been studying biology this year. We invested in a very nice microscope with great slides and tools. We also purchased kits for dissection, the first of which Michaela cut into last night. No, we don't normally do school at night, but I saved this for Chris to supervise. Actually, Michaela doesn't require much supervision with her school work and works quite independently, but dissection is another story! Dad was glad to help and our science-loving boys were excited to jump in on the action, too.
Michaela was less than impressed with the inside of a worm, as quite evidenced by her face throughout. I can only imagine what it's going to be like when we pull out the frog dissection kit. :)
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago




2 comments:
I know where she can find a rat to dissect. ;)
Yuk! I am not looking forward
to this part of school. I think I
will let daddy help too.
Post a Comment