Monday, June 3, 2013

Mom's Weekend Away

Ahhh, typically twice a year I get to enjoy a 3-day weekend with awesome girlfriends.  It started out as a scrapbooking retreat, but we do everything from scrapbooking to reading, to crafting, to sewing.  There is no schedule.  It is truly relaxing.  This time we tried renting a different place, a house on a lake.  It was wonderful!  I love hanging out with these ladies, going on walks, chatting way into the night, eating breakfast in our jammies, laughing, crying, relaxing. 

Um, with all the rain the dock was a bit flooded!


My view from the easy chair.  I spent most of the weekend reading Unbroken, an incredible WWII story that I highly recommend.



Meanwhile Chris held down the fort at home and took over some regular Mom duties.  He had to take Benjamin to the eye doc for a follow up on Friday morning.  Then in the afternoon he had to take Benjamin for his 6 mth CT scan (more on that later this week).  Then Sunday morning he had to take Elijah to Urgent Care for his poison ivy reaction.  Thanks, Baby!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Fun, fun, fun! Looks like the new location was a hit! :)

Emily said...

Your weekend away looked wonderful! You can't go wrong having a place on the water, either! I just requested a copy of "Unbroken" from our library. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Pam