On a side note, as mission forwarding agents for both my parents and sister's family, it has been incredible to be on the receiving end of envelope after envelope of donated funds towards the relief efforts. We have been floored at the response. It is a privilege to serve in this capacity and I know that my parents and sister's family are so appreciative of the partnership that each supporter has with them in this ministry to reach out to the Japanese people during this crisis. While it was fun to shop with my mom and dad, I know that the responsibility of using the gifted funds wisely weighs heavily on them.
I was so disappointed to barely miss cherry blossom season! The trees were just beginning to show their first blooms the day I was leaving. Oh, to be in Osaka in the spring, it's such a beautiful time where the concrete jungle gets that touch of pink.
Below is the view from my parents home atop a small hill in Osaka. It's city, city, city, but that one tree in front is a burst of pink right about now.
Sunset through the cherry tree.....okay, so maybe it's more of a smog set, but it was beautiful!
With my parents, what a privilege to spend a week with them!
One of the cutest nieces ever, Katia!
And a fine young nephew, Gideon. I love his laughter and huge smile! I'll always remember spending a few nights with Barney. Ha!
My big sis, Jennifer. I'm so proud of her. She and Chad have hearts of gold, so selflessly giving and working so that others may know of His Great Love.
My little helpers seeing me off at the airport.
Saying goodbye to family is never easy, but it does help to know that I'll get to see them all Stateside in July. I had a pretty uneventful trip home, except for arriving to a dead battery in the van. It looks like I left an overhead light on....oops. Driving two hours home from the airport after being up for more than 24 hours isn't ideal, but thanks to some adrenaline and Amy and Chris talking me home on the phone I arrived safe and sound.
It felt so good to hug Chris and my kiddos. Of course, as soon as the hugging fest was done, the kids couldn't wait for me to open my suitcases to see treasures brought from afar. :)











2 comments:
so much i love about this post!!
that picture with your kids is wonderful.
Wow! I am so happy Chris & Amy
were able to talk with you as you
drove home.
Your little helpers are adorable!
Post a Comment