Thursday, April 14, 2011

Loving spring

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love having the windows opened and fresh air flowing in, I love seeing the gradual greening of the outdoors and all the flowers and blooms, and I love that it means we are closing in on the end of another year of school. 

We have spent as much time outside as we can.  Ami has been picking flowers right and left and we always have at least one vase full on the dining room table.  She loves to place them just right in her hair.



I didn't get pictures taken quickly enough of our Crabapple trees in the front.  Their blooms remind me so much of the cherry blossoms in Japan.  All that was left by this pictures was a bit in the trees and the "rain" of blossoms on the ground.


Redbuds and Dogwoods also fill our woods.  Beautiful!


Poor time of day to take pictures, but you can kind of see the pink redbuds in the picture above.


Above, the Dogwood blooms start to peek out and take over.

1 comment:

The Lipsey Family said...

Mike and I are so homesick looking at your pics! We miss spring in Missouri! Thanks for sharing:)