Monday, April 4, 2011

While I Was Gone

So when the cat's away, the mice will play, eh?


There were donuts, donuts, and more donuts.  There was more than one trip to Sonic.  There were movies and pizza more than once.  There was geocaching a couple of times.  Beds went unmade, toilet seats stood tall, and daily chores were thrown by the wayside. 

There were trips to parks and picnics, with a bit of spelunking. 


I found no less than three grocery receipts with donuts on them.  One receipt had Cap'n Crunch, chocolate milk, powdered donuts, gem donuts, glazed donuts, Mr. Pibb, Chips Ahoy, A&W Cream Soda, and milk.  I did leave meals in the freezer for supper, but I guess since I didn't supply breakfast, they took matters into their own hands!

Most of all, memories were made and Chris (and Michaela!) did an awesome job of creating a fun spring break at home.  What a hoot!

8 comments:

Amy said...

That's great!!
sounds like a good time was had by all!
Thank goodness for donuts!

Laurie said...

Sounds like our house when Scott's out of town. HA!! :) Glad the kids had fun!

Anonymous said...

You ACTUALLY read what was on the grocery receipt?
That's too funny. Welcome home mom. :)
Marge

Pam said...

Welcome home, Jocelyn! I am so glad you were able to spend that time with your family. What a blessing. Things are done a bit "differently" around our place when I'm not home and daddy is in charge, too!

Kathy said...

Too funny! I know it would be
the same around here if I were
to be gone for a while. Instead
of Dad I think Uncle Trouble
would take over. :)

Kate said...

So glad you were able to be in Japan with family at such a time and Chris is a good, GREAT daddy!

Janet and Kevin said...

Welcome home! What a tremendous week you spent in Japan! And what a great week your family back home spent as well! I kind of like the daddy's version of nutrition! Hee, hee!

:)
janet and gang

Laurie said...

Okay, now I'm ready for a "Since I've Been Back" post! :)