We headed down early last Friday and it started raining on us about 15 minutes before we arrived. We went ahead and set up our tent in the light rain, knowing that it was only supposed to get worse as the day went on. We used our umbrellas and made the most of our day at Silver Dollar City. Needless to say, we took in a lot of shows that day, because due to thunder and lightening not many rides were running. The bluegrass and BBQ festival is currently going on, so let me tell you, we had our share of bluegrass. Now, I like many kinds of music, but after one too many shows of pickin' and grinnin' we were about ready to just stand outside in the pouring rain than to take in another show! We also had our share of whirls on Fire-in-the-hole since it's one of the few indoor rides. How many pictures did I take on Friday? Zip, zero, zilch.
Saturday......it's gonna be a bright, bright sun shiny day! Yes, it was so beautiful and made up for our shriveled prune feet on Friday.
Chris, Benjamin, then Michaela are on the front left. The Giant Barn Swing, pretty scary:
I love these adorable bunny photos. And no, we didn't plan the girls to match!
We were able to have a campfire our second night since the rain had stopped. Good times, more family memories, even if some are soaked in the rain.
I didn't take large marshmallows to roast, but I took ingredients for banana boats. The kids took the leftover mini-marshmallows and roasted them. Too funny!
Our new 10-man tent. Loved it, except for the setting it up in the rain part.













1 comment:
love the tent.
looks like great fun:-)
Post a Comment