I have to post an Ami funny from the other day. As temperatures have cooled down, I pulled out a bin of fall/winter clothes to dig through. Ami loves trying on clothing and she even found a pair of winter snow boots that will be great for the snow days ahead. With the boots on, she turned to me and asked, "Mommy, who made these?"
Without thinking much I said, "Oh, probably some factory worker in China."
In all seriousness she replied, "No, I didn't come with these."
Ami is very aware and mature in her understanding of her adoption, but it sure struck me as funny that she felt that she came to us with certain "accessories", snow boots not included.
Oh, how we love this China Doll of ours. She makes me smile every single day, makes my heart beat faster to hold and hug her, and finds me speechless to imagine our family without her. Surely more questions and grappling with her background is yet to come, but this already confident, personality-filled, spunky little girl is sure to come through shining bright!
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago

2 comments:
She's a cutie:-)
Such a sweet picture!
Post a Comment