Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Shoelaces

It hit me the other day that Ami had never learned how to tie her shoes.  That's because she didn't own any shoes with shoelaces!  She'd been wearing flip flops or crocs all summer, and before that she only had Velcro tennis shoes.  She was in need of bigger tennis shoes so we picked some out with laces.  After only a couple of demonstrations she had it down pat, even nice and tight!  I couldn't believe how easily she learned it.  I well remember a few tears and many trials and error with the other three that I taught to tie their shoes.  I guess all that braiding she's been doing for the last three years has made her pretty adept at using her fine motor skills.
 

I love the determination on her face.  She did not want any help!


4 comments:

Amy said...

wow!
way to go Ami (with an i) :-)

JeremySF said...

Nice, Ami! Love the big girl shoes & outfit!

Laurie said...

Impressive indeed!! And look how proud she is of herself. I LOVE THAT!!

Alicia said...

Way to go, Ami! What a HUGE accomplishment.