Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ahhh

With seven members in our family and homeschooling, there are a lot of us in this house, and for a lot of time together.  As you can imagine, there tends to be a lot of activity and noise.  It can get chaotic at times, but we do have some quiet moments here and there.

The other day I had one of those moments when time seems to stand still.  Chris had to be at work in the evening, and I was working on a project, but as I passed through the kitchen, the peace and pleasantness of our home life for that moment hit me.

Michaela and Elijah were concocting something sweet to eat:


Benjamin was quietly enjoying being in their company on the other side of the kitchen:

Johanna and Ami were just down the hall playing with dolls together:

Yes, there was loud music playing in the background (silly Madagascar songs), but for that moment, all was right in my world as a mom.  Kids enjoying each others company, kids enjoying making a special treat for the rest of the family, my kids entertaining themselves and not each of us in separate rooms hooked up to our electronics.  It was a slice of real life, nothing super exciting.  It made me realize how quickly my children are growing up and how much I want to savor my time with them.  It made me thankful for a warm home and a roof over our heads.  It made me thankful for a hard working husband and the blessing of his steady job.  It made me thankful to be a mom blessed with five beautiful treasures.

Though the every day may be mundane at times, it is the relationships that we are building with each other.  It's time spent together that makes life much more meaningful.  Our home, our family.  I am so very blessed.  I want more of these time-standing-still moments.  Thank you, Father!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

What a beautiful post. Seriously. One of my favorites. Isn't it the best to feel peace? And to know your children are at peace... and enjoying one another? Nothing like it!