Saturday, February 25, 2012

Woo hoo!!!

Joseph has a family that is pursuing his adoption!!!  You have seen me post many times about Joseph, one of Elijah's best buddies at Shepherd's Field.  Ever since we were led to pursue Elijah's adoption my heart has broken for Joseph, knowing he would be left behind as his best friend left with a family to call his own. 

 Joseph and Elijah, Dec. 2007

I have prayed for Joseph for more than four years.  Our family has prayed for him for almost that long.  Chris and I have, in fact, prayed many times, asking God if we were Joseph's family.  We never felt God was leading us in that direction, but neither did we feel that He was saying "no".  This has been turmoil on my heart!  I have wondered if we just weren't seeing something that God was trying to show us, if we should just do what we knew to be right and care for an orphan in need, or if God truly wasn't opening the door for us to adopt Joseph.  

Now I know.  Now I have peace.  God was working in the hearts of another family to become FOREVER to Joseph.  I believe that God was using us to pray and advocate for a family for him.  I sometimes think that as adoptive families, it's hard to stop or say no to another adoption.  When you know the need, when you have seen first hand the rows of lonely babies lying in cribs, when you have had children beg for attention from you, when you know orphans by name, when you have witnessed the miracle of adoption in your own family and in watching other families, when you know what God desires.....it's hard.  Your heart is forever changed and you want to do more, more, more. 

Our family is still very much involved in the ongoing care for orphans.  It will forever be a part of who we are.  But whether that ongoing care means adopting again or not, time will tell.  In light of our concern for Joseph, I trust that God will make if very apparent if and when we are to do so.  For now, we will continue to pray with open and willing hearts.  May His will be done. 

 Joseph 2012

On my sidebar I have had a link to a blog kept by a former intern at Shepherd's Fieldhttp://hejustwantsafamily.blogspot.com/.  It's all about Joseph.  If you think of it, please pray for Joseph's family as they pursue his adoption.  Joseph's paperwork is ready, but the family is just beginning theirs.  Joseph turns 13 next Thursday and has just one year before he is no longer eligible for adoption.  This process needs to happen smoothly and quickly so that Joseph can be HOME with his family, feel loved and wanted, and get the surgeries that he needs.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Great post, Jocelyn. We are praying for joseph and this family as they do their paperwork


Thank you for advocating for those who gave no voice. . . For being God's hands and feet¡

Kathy said...

What a beautiful post!
I was so happy when I saw this on fb
yesterday! That is such wonderful news
Praise God!
Praying everything goes smoothly and
quickly for his new family!

Laurie said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! You are so right that you are forever changed by adoption!!! :)

Kate said...

We were thrilled to hear about Joseph too! Praying for his dear family.