We have three new kittens! The kids have anxiously been awaiting this day as they've watched Twix grow larger and larger. Mid-morning, Michaela was excited to announce that Twix was having contractions and kept meowing loudly. We all rushed out to the garage to see for ourselves. We had to wait about 45 minutes, but then we all got to witness the first kitten being born! So neat, and something I will never tire of.
Yes, the kids tried to work on school in the garage while waiting for the REAL science lesson. Twix had no privacy, but lots of cheerleaders during her labor and delivery.
First was a black male. I'll spare you the gory photos I took. It was quite a learning experience for some!
About 30 minutes later a grey male was born. Twix kept moving around quite a bit, but finally settled in the second of two cat boxes. The kids were very anxious about whether or not Twix was doing a good job. I had to keep encouraging them to let nature take its course and that God gave Twix the instincts she needed to be a momma cat.
Third was a white male. The three of them are too adorable and will surely be receiving a LOT of attention. This all sure made school interesting today! The older three remember our other cats having kittens several years ago, but this was a first for Ami and Elijah. So glad it happened during the day and when we were home!
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago






2 comments:
Awww - a circle of life week for you all. Perfect healing after Ginger's departure.
What a wonderful experience for all
of them. I love these great teachable
moments. The gift of life.
Post a Comment