Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Because I Love Snow

I can't help but post more snow pictures!  No, it's not unusual to have snow where we live, but I never take the beauty of it for granted.  Yesterday I snuck out on my own for a walk in the woods without the kids blazing a path in the smooth snow ahead of me or disturbing the wonderful silence and stillness of falling snow.

Alas, the snow was not undisturbed, as the deer had been down our trail before I had.  I followed their tracks to the creek....


....and found it partially frozen over (duh, it's 15 degrees outside!).




 One of my dad's favorite fallen trees to photograph in our woods....


Then I had to step back out of my winter wonderland into the kids winter wonderland where they were building snow forts and stocking a cache of snowballs in preparation for warfare with the neighborhood bully (aka. Dad, the Bombster).


(Benjamin's neighborhood buddy, Sam, got to spend the night as it was a school snow day.  Fun times!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your snow scenes. I printed one yesterday, but it came out rather blue. I'll work for a black and white on.
Stay warm,
Marge