My dad has cancer. That hurts so much to even type. I want it to go away. I want to rewind to yesterday when it wasn't confirmed. I want to hop on a plane and be with him. I want to take the ugly facts away.
While I still very much feel like having a pity party, and weep at just the thought of it all, I know that God would want me to focus on Him and look at the many things we have to be thankful for.
There is an amazing number of friends and family that love my parents and will lift them up to our Father. There is an amazing number of friends and family that have already expressed their love for me and my family. I am humbled, and so deeply grateful.
I am so grateful for the Christian upbringing that I had and for Godly parents that showed me The Way.
God is good. All the time. No matter what. I will praise Him regardless. He is our refuge.
Yes, God is good. All the time. He is our strength in times of need; our shelter from the storm.
I will continue to lift up my eyes to the hills -- My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
I love you Dad, with all of my heart.








6 comments:
oh, jocelyn, my heart aches for you!
I'm praying for your very special dad . . . for his healing and strength!
Oh Jocelyn, I am so sorry you and your family have had to hear that very word. So very sorry. Please know that I am praying for a full healing and am REJOICING in the news that it was found early and that there is treatment available. God is good all the time. Of that I have no doubt.
Praying.
...there are no words...just tears and groans. Claiming His healing power pours over Grandpa Clark.
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Our prayers will be for you and your whole family and that the Great Physician will do His wondrous work.
I am so sorry that your dad and all of you are going through this valley. Praying for healing, strength, and comfort for your precious dad and his family.
Love,
the bourkes
Paul sent me your URL this morning. I am holding you in my prayers now and will continue to do so. Paul has been sharing the Red Fir with us from Yosemite. It was hit and endured for many years, making its presence known. I know Paul will do the same.
God bless all of you! Melinda
Post a Comment