Ami had learned all of her phonetic sounds just from playing with her Leap Frog fridge magnets so often. So I decided to start "official" reading lessons with her from 100 Easy Lessons this month because she was so ready to read, but so far they have almost been a joke because it's been way too easy for her. We've gone ahead and zipped through the beginning of the book because I feel it's building her confidence.
She discovered the Bob Books in our school closet and has been devouring them. I catch her going to bed with them, up early in the morning with her lamp on trying to read them, and packing them around the house to have ready to read to anyone who will listen.
She gets lots of cheering from our crowd. It's been fun!



4 comments:
YEAH, Ami!!! We love Bob books at our house too- so cute and fun for kids!
That's very cool!!
Way to go, Ami!!
Maybe when you come to our house you can teach Abby and Elisabeth!!!
100 Easy Lessons take 5 - still fun and exciting! :)
WTG Ami! :)
Post a Comment