Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, Ami!

This has been a fun day.  It has been anticipated by Ami for oh, just about the last year!  We had to wake her up to get the festivities started so that Daddy could get to work, but she brightened right up.  She first declared that she wasn't five until she had eaten cake, though.  Ha!

We started out with her requested cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then moved quickly to opening her gifts.  She was thrilled with each and every one.   Below are pictures with the gifts that her siblings chose or made for her.





Ami played with her new things while the rest of us got a bit of school done.  Then we had her requested chicken nuggets and fruit salad for lunch.  We spent the afternoon out running errands while the older girls were with a home school group, then stopped by to see our neighbor, Grandpa H.  He had a gift of beautiful mini-daffodils and a picture of flowers waiting for Ami.  During the warm months he is always bringing flowers from his garden to her, so thoughtful.


Ami requested pizza for supper, so we each made our own pizzas.  Then we followed it up with yummy strawberry cake. 




What a blessing this treasure is!  She was our "unplanned" pregnancy.  A huge gift that we never asked for.  I am so thankful that we listened to His plan for our family and did not miss out on this spunky, joyful, precocious, loving girl. 

 

This "finding ad" (required in a local newspaper) is the earliest picture we have of our sweet girl.  She was found the day after she was born, an abandoned treasure waiting to be found.  Who knew, but God, what a beautiful girl, both inside and out, she would turn out to be.


Thank you, Father, for this indescribable gift!  We love you, Ami Jo-Li!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Ami!
Looks like you had a fun day!

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday, Ami!

Laurie said...

What a perfect day for her! I love it that she wasn't really 5 until she had cake. Too cute! And that last picture? Goodness, she's beyond cute!!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Ami!!
Looks like you had a wonderful day!

Kate said...

"I love Ami so much, because I love you so much! Love Elle and love Zane too."

Happy birthday niecey-niece! Can't believe you're 5 - stop growing up! ;) Love you! AK & UE

Anonymous said...

Ami, What a lovely 5yr. old you are. If I had been with you, I would have given you a kiss, sang to you, spanked you lightly 5 times and given you a gift. Wish I could have been there. I hope we see each other again soon.
Love Allison's Nana :)