Saturday, February 12, 2011

Random Things

Just wanted to catch up on a few random things from Wolfe's Home that have been going on recently.

First of all, a funny.  I was grocery shopping yesterday and needed to pick up some cheese.  I found a "great" sale!  Seriously?!
 

Next, after having so much snow that Benjamin's team missed three of their first six practices, it's been fun to watch them do so well at their games.  Last night Benjamin made his first basket of the season.  I don't think he lost his grin the whole rest of the game!



And finally, some mundane things like chores have taken a turn at our house.  I mentioned the book, Large Family Logisitcs, recently.  I've always considered myself a fairly organized person, but this book has given me a lot of great ideas to keep our household running smoothly.  As you can imagine, with seven people in our home that are home most of the day, things can get a bit disorganized.   The ideal is to have a household that runs like a well-oiled machine and that's what we're working towards.

One thing that has become more organized is how the children keep their bedrooms more orderly.  We've always done most of these things, but having a list in writing and posted in their rooms and then me following up to make sure that they are done has been huge.


(The "bathroom chores" are something that they each have responsibility for, such as one person wipes down the sink and counter, one person wipes down the toilet, etc.)

I have created many more lists in my "Home Management Notebook" that have become so helpful.  I may share more of those at a later time.

Apparently Ami thought I needed a list for my bedroom, too.  Translated, it reads, "Make bed Mom.  Go Benjamin (guess he needed some cheering)."


And last, but not least, I implemented a new filing system, File Solutions.  It was well worth the investment, and even though it took many hours over several days, I am super pleased with it.  Anyone in our family should be able to find any paper in just a few seconds.  I don't have an after shot, but here is one from during the process.  A huge amount went to recycle to the shredder!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you cleaned up my room so it's in order for my next trip:-)

AND if that's craft cheese, i have a great coupon for it!!

Seriously, love Benjamin's grin. very cool!
hope your chore system works well. what a great idea!

Amy said...

Craft cheese??? I meant Kraft Cheese!
ok, i'm a dork.

Wolfes Home said...
This comment has been removed by the author.