Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Visit from Grandma Susie

For the last five days we had the privilege of hosting "Grandma Susie" from central Illinois.  She is a long time family friend from when I was in grade school; I was best friends with her daughter.  We enjoyed hosting her, showing her around a bit, and involving her in our daily activities.

One day we took Susie up to the Amish area, then the next day we did some fun garage sale/thrift store shopping.  I think Susie has been known to have one of those "I Brake for Garage Sales" bumper stickers.  :)


And while the ladies shopped, the men hauled wood!


We took Susie to Benjamin's basketball game, as well as to a skating night.





Rather than skate, Susie challenged me to a game of air hockey.  I'll keep mum about who won!


All of our kiddos except for Elijah had met Grandma Susie before, and they all enjoyed having her around.  Thanks for the visit, Susie!



1 comment:

Laurie said...

Impossible to have too many grandparents- what a fun time you showed Grandma Susie- so sweet!!