The first victim we believe was actually a raccoon. When Benjamin checked the trap one morning, the ground under the trap had been totally torn up. There was a small hole that had been dug under one side, we believe so that the coon could get some leverage and then push the trap up .
This afternoon the trap sported the second victim, Mr. Squirrel. He was frantically trying to get out and provided quite a show. It's catch and release, so Benjamin soon sent him on his way back to freedom.
One of the original traps in the foreground:
I am man. See me hunt!
I don't have a good picture of the trap when it's set. It's basically tilted up on one end. A stick is placed inside with peanut butter or shortening on it, then when the stick gets bumped or moved, the trap falls.



2 comments:
Way to go Benjamin:-)
I knew exactly what pictures I'd see after I read the title! Takes me back to the days my brother would set traps. I desperately wanted to be a part of it, so he'd have me sit, for a LONG time, watching the traps, while he played with his friends. He'd tell me to call him in if I saw anything coming. Lazy trapper!! :)
Post a Comment