Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We are fortunate to have family that lives just a couple of hours away.  Chris' two brothers and families came over for a whirlwind couple of days.  The kids were a constant hive of activity, there were games, wresting, lots of food, Wii play, a little bit of shopping, some Wolfe traditions, and beautiful weather for playing outside.


The kids colored turkey place cards for the table:

Wii, Wii, Wii

Lots of time spent in the kitchen







Some version of hackey-sack:


We love having the little guys running around:






Traditional bagels:



Some form of four-square, they played for hours!


These two are pretty inseparable and self-entertaining:

Traditional service project, this year letters to servicemen:


The Wolfe cousins, quite a bunch!

Sweet Suichuan girls:
 
We have much to be thankful for.  This year I am thankful for family more than anything.  I am thankful that despite the many miles that separate us, we've had lots of time to spend with all of our brothers, sisters (a new sis-in-law!), parents, and cousins this year.  I am thankful that my dad is doing well with his fight against cancer.  I am thankful for a loving and supportive husband that provides for our family.  I am thankful for my five treasures and the gift of watching them grow and mature each day.  I am thankful for the privilege of homeschooling them and spending so much time with them.  I am thankful for the blessing of living in this country and all the freedoms that come with being a citizen here.  We don't know what the future holds, so we count each day as a gift, a blessing from Him.

I hope each of you had a special Thanksgiving with loved ones!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Great pics and a super weekend - thanks for hosting! Saturday morning I asked Zane what his Thanksgiving high was. He said, "Tackle Benjamin!!" :)

Alicia said...

What a fun, exhausting, meaningful, and noisy weekend. We had a wonderful time. Thanks for hosting all of us!