Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Surprise!

We've been looking forward to a visit from my brother and sister-in-law for Christmas, but when they arrived tonight they brought along my parents, too!  We thought they were spending Christmas in Hawaii using their airline miles, but they are spending Christmas with us instead!!  Jeremy and Amy met them at the airport and made a special delivery to us.  With our family events of this last month, Dad and Mom changed their plans, knowing it would mean a lot.  We are blessed!


Our family has been known to pull off lots of surprises on each other, so I was already suspicious that Jeremy might arrive a day early or something, but I never thought he'd show up with Dad and Mom.  Fun!


There will definitely be more family pictures to come.  We're very excited to have Amy here for the first time.  It's also been several years since I've spent Christmas with one of my brothers.  I think I'm a bit emotionally worn out with all of these ups and downs lately!

The patient is doing all right.  He's been a bit uncomfortable and has had some swelling.  He spent a good part of the day on the couch with his leg propped up and a heating pad on his toes.  We're praying he rests better tonight and is feeling more himself tomorrow.


1 comment:

Amy said...

ok, would stop making me cry????

it's been way too much this week (at least it's all good stuff)!!!