Friday, December 23, 2011

For Linny

When we began our first adoption journey we were just setting out to bring our daughter home.  Little did we know that God was about to abundantly bless us with friendships upon friendships with other people that have a heart for adoption.  Many of these people we have met in person along the way, but many more are bloggy friends. 

One of these special people is Linny, an amazing mom of many.  She has inspired me and blessed me and our family in more ways than I can count.  One thing that you all have seen as a result of her influence is our Memorial Box Monday posts.  (Can't wait for this next Monday--I think you all know what it will be about!)  Another cool thing is that one of her daughters lived in the same orphanage where Elijah did.  He remembers Jubilee and we rejoiced together as we "watched" through Linny's blog when Jubilee was brought home.

 (Our Memorial Box, filling up more and more!)

I had hoped to meet Linny in person this summer when we were through Durango. Sadly, that weekend their family had a terrible tragedy when her daughter's boyfriend was in a motorcycle accident.  Linny, our family has prayed and prayed for Karl.  We've rejoiced with you as you have shared of his progress since the accident.  You have also been in my prayers through different circumstances...fire, adoptions, health concerns, spiritual concerns, moves.  It has been a privilege and a blessing.

For my friends that don't already read Linny's blog, I encourage you to take a peak.  You will be encouraged, you will be inspired, you will be challenged.  You will laugh, you will cry, you will be blessed.  Hey, I even just pull up her blog sometimes to have her playlist going in the background while I do other things on the computer!  :)

So Linny, whether we meet here for coffee someday or There, thank you for your bloggy friendship from afar.  We wish your family the best this Christmas as you settle into your new home.

From the Wolfes to the Saunders......MERRY CHRISTMAS from our neck of the woods!!


2 comments:

Amy said...

good job, jocelyn!!
THIS ONE made me cry, too!!

i wish i had a public blog so i could send her a greetings, too:-)

Mom Of Many said...

Awww! I loved your post! I'm so glad I got to come in and visit...and I love, love, love, love your Memorial Box - Yippee Jesus - He is sooo faithful! Much love from Phoenix! xo