Saturday, September 1, 2012

Family Night

Last night we got out for a much needed family night.  It's been a long week and a half since I arrived home, and honestly I've been more absent than present with life here.  I still don't care to be out much and would rather be at home sheltered away from more busyness and crowds.  But I am trying to make efforts and be in the here and now.  So last night we had a meal out and let the kids enjoy climbing and playing arcade games at Going Bonkers.  It's not a parent's favorite place (talk about crowds and noise!), but we knew the kids would have fun.




 Michaela not so much into the climbing :)

We came home for dessert.  Please tell me you at least recognize the effort made here to create some continents!  This year our core curriculum centers around geography and this is the world cake that the kids created.  :)


2 comments:

Laurie said...

Glad you're getting out and about...even if the location was the most desirable! :) LOVE your cake! I'll have to show it to a certain someone tomorrow. :)

Janet and Kevin said...

I love your kids' world cake! that gives me an idea to try here.

Praying you feel better soon.

Hugs sweet friend,
janet and gang