Saturday, September 22, 2012

Special Delivery

I love checking the mail each day.  It's no fun receiving bills, but I love the anticipation of what good thing might be waiting in the box for us each day....a new magazine, a card or letter from a friend (thanks 'Retta!), a care package from Dad and Mom, free samples, etc.  I love hearing the driveway monitor beep and looking out to see the UPS or FedEx truck in our driveway.  Well this week was a banner week, so I thought I'd share.  :)

Of course the biggest excitement to Chris was his new iPhone.  Yes, he was one of the geeky ones up at 2am earlier in the week to be one of the first to order and receive the latest.  He kept trying to convince me that it was just as great for me because I get his old iPhone that will be an upgrade from my current one.  Whatever.  :)


For me....I received this 11X14 print from my friend, Jeff, who was with my family on our YoSemite trek.  I have loved this image from the moment he first posted it.  It looks too good to be real, but I know it's real because I was there.  I can't wait to get it framed and up on the wall.  (Shameless plug....it can be yours, too, if you go to ebay and bid.  :)  Just search for "Jeff Nixon photo".)


For Ami....we ordered ants for her ant farm two months ago!  Due to the warm temperatures they weren't able to safely make the journey from the big ant farm to our house until this week.  It's been fun to watch them get to work.  Home schooling on our kitchen counter!



Oh there were other beauties in the mail this week.....corn soup mixes from Mom.  We had these mixes on our YoSemite trip and they were so yummy.  I wanted to hide them and save them for myself, but I knew Grandma intended for me to share.  I also received a book from Dad that was a photo journal of a trip that Ansel Adams took in 1938 in much of the same area we were in last month.  Sweet memories.  I love mail!  :)

No comments: