Benjamin and I flew into Eugene on Amy's actual birthday. Their family was passing through town on their way home from a trip up to Portland. I had arranged with David to meet up with them (in our rental car) at Costco, where they typically stop. The timing worked our perfectly. With the help of David's texts, we found them in the meat department. We hid behind some displays and I called Amy to wish her a happy birthday. I watched as we chatted, but she wasn't able to talk long because she was busy shopping in Costco. :) After she hung up I ran up from behind and gave her a hug. She said, "Who is this?!", and turned around to find me and Benjamin. She was in shock, shed a few happy tears, and we hugged and hugged. So fun!
David drove the kids the remaining two hours home, and Amy and I took our time going home in my rental, stopping for a yummy seafood dinner on the coast. Oh, I love me some fresh clam chowder!
So, the next day I tagged along with Amy in her Mom Taxi. It was fun to be with her for all the running around in person, instead of accompanying her on the phone as she taxis around. I even got to hear Josh and Nate in their jazz band perform at an assembly at Abby's school.
My sweet buddy, Elisabeth
My main job in the evening was to keep Amy company for dinner. I know, not so tough. The tough part was that I had to time things just right and have her home in time for a surprise birthday party. Amy made super early dinner reservations, and I wasn't quite sure how I was going to fill the exact amount of time, but we managed. She had not a clue until we pulled down her road and it was lined with cars. David had about 40 people waiting inside! So fun again!
Happy birthday, Amy! It was so fun to pull off this surprise. You have an awesome husband to plan all of the details. We are so glad we could be a part of it!
I'll post more from the trip tomorrow. :)






3 comments:
It was the perfect weekend!! THANK YOU soooo much for coming to visit and for bringing benjamin, too!! you're the best!
This was the MOST fun post to read... I 'm so jealous!! What a wonderful b-day surprise! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time together. Welcome to the 40's, Amy! :)
How FUN that you were able to celebrate Amy's 40th with her! Loved seeing the photos of you two together!
Pam
Post a Comment