Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Oregon Coast

I've visited Amy three times now, and have experienced different weather each time.  This time seemed to be quintessential Oregon weather.  It was rainy off and on the whole time we were there.  On Sunday afternoon, Amy and I enjoyed a drive along the coast.  Despite the rain and clouds, it was still beautiful.  I love the ocean, and the rugged coast is something so different from my southern California beaches.









We also enjoyed some more yummy clam chowder, and more Dutch Bros.  :)

Early Monday morning it was time for Benjamin and me to head back to the airport.  We had such a wonderful visit.  I am so blessed to have this friend in my life.  She has been there for me through thick and thin and has enriched my life so much.  She has been an iron-sharpening friend, one that has allowed me to enjoy a true David and Jonathan friendship.  Despite the miles between us our friendship has grown over the years.  From first knowing her as an acquaintance in college, to reconnecting many years later when we adopted our first girls together in China, to celebrating special birthdays today, she is a treasure.  I love you, Amy!

No comments: