I have so very much to be thankful for, I never want to take for granted the bounty we have been blessed with. Here is a short list of things I am thankful for this year (in no certain order).
1. God's everlasting faithfulness and love - He has been ever present with me through some tough times.
2. My amazing, faithful, and dear husband. We experienced some highs and lows this year. I am thankful for 20 years of marriage and that we got to celebrate with a very special week in Mexico this summer.
3. Benjamin is cancer-free. Wow, I still can't believe that I type my own son's name and that terrible "c" word in the same sentence. A year ago we were in a very dark place. I am so thankful for the prayers and encouragement from friends and family through this unexpected journey.
4. Michaela committed her life to Jesus! So thankful for this answer to sixteen years of prayer.
5. My trip to YoSemite in August with family and a new friend. Highs and lows experienced, but God is faithful and difficult times can also be growing times.
6. I have a new appreciation this year for a roof over my head, plenty of food in the cupboards, and so many unnecessary comforts of home. Way beyond blessed.
7. My kiddos. While others I know have experienced loss, it makes me thankful for each and every day I have with my five treasures. It has been so rewarding to see them grow and mature this year.
8. My dear friend, Amy. She has been such a blessing to me. I cannot imagine this last year without her by my side through thick and thin.
I wish each and every one of you that read our blog a very happy Thanksgiving. May you always find something to be thankful for. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment