Elijah makes me smile. As I sit at the computer, he is in the shower singing at the top of his lungs. His made up lyrics and tunes are a hoot, yet such a glimpse into his thoughts and heart.
Here is some of what I typed as he was singing.
I will go to the Lord in my trouble
Jesus died on the cross for your sins
He will help you
He will come to you
We are the Lord's
We are made from the Lord
There's no one like Him
He could make anyone
He could take care of you
If you have some trouble
He will help you
I am the Lord's
The Lord who saves you from your sins of the evil, evil, evil
Go and rest and eat and find some food
What will you do
(I couldn't quite catch the lyrics he was singing as he brushed, flossed, and swished, but then he came out of the bathroom and started singing to the rats.)
God made you too
He knows what you are
And he knows your name
He names you too
He makes sweet little things
And he looks at it
He said "it is good"
He blesses us all of us, even you
You are very, very fun
You are very soft
You are very roughy rough
You are skin, you are rough, you are fat, you are soft
You two are very cute
You are very weird, I don't know what is wrong with you
(I believe that last lyric is in reference to the fact that Midnight has a cocked head and does act a little strange, even for a rat!)
Oh do you want to make a fire song
I will think you are the very best friend
I can find no one says you can find a best neighbor in the town
You can find, you can find, you can find the best neighbor
I think you are the best neighbor
And I think you are very fun, too
(Not sure about that last stanza, but maybe he's singing about Grandpa H.)
Seriously, this boy has come so far in two years. He exhibits so much fruit of the spirit....love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Really all of those things. What a gift he is to our family!
2 comments:
Dear soul!
That is so sweet. Love Elijah's songs. Our Philip, too, will just sing and make up lyrics as he goes. We call him our ballad singer. So precious to hear and often so funny!
janet and gang
Post a Comment