Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 8 - Road Trip - Oregon

I love camping, but it sure was nice to sleep in a bed last night, to have a nice clean shower and bathroom to use, and to not have to pack up and hit the road again.  We woke up to coffee and French toast and then got ready to hit the beach.

There is a great bay near our friends' home and we had perfect weather.  It was low tide, so the kids got to explore the tide pools, play in the sand, and play a bit in the water.  We roasted hot dogs and made s'mores and just enjoyed relaxing in the breeze and sunshine.
 
Abby "fixed" Ami's hair again....lots of spray bottle used.











Driving 2800 miles was worth it just for this picture.  :)






We also got to see sea lions.....

.......and whales!  (The black spot in the middle.)


Such a beautiful coast.


And Chris said that it was worth driving 2800 miles for Dutch  Bros.


 

Poor Elisabeth, it looks like Benjamin stole her swing!


The older two, not as rambunctious as the younger ones! 

Three little monkeys jumping on the bed!

What a fun day, can't wait for more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be on the Oregon coast and PUT ON A JACKET instead of wiping sweat. :)

Your 2800 miles is also worth the memories you all will have for years to come.

I'm really enjoying the scenery along the way, but you can have the camping. HA!

Enjoy and return safely.

Marge

Amy said...

AHHHH, Dutch Brothers!!

I'm so happy you are able to expecience drive through coffee stands!!