I will never be able to look at another rainbow again without it taking me back to one magical and amazing afternoon that we experienced in the high country of Yosemite. Today has been a day of memories. Though we're thousands of miles away from each other, our backpacking group has continued to share memories through email, and today was another one of those days. Dad shared some of his journaling and it took me right back, and of course made me cry again. I have been doing much better, but I still have my moments when the memories of the trip pull me in again and I long to be there. Why did that trip have such an impact on me and why does it continue to do so? I can't put it into words. It was much too special of a journey to have just had a temporary effect. It is forever in my heart, part of who I am now.
Rainbow over Mt. Ansel Adams and Nixon Meadow
July 13, 2012


No comments:
Post a Comment