Tuesday, November 27, 2012

First Time

Yesterday was a big day.  Michaela tried to play it off as no big deal, but it was a big deal.  Since getting her license, she drove off for the first time......alone.  Oh my goodness.  Yes, I cried.  It felt like a major apron string was being cut from this mama.  In the grand scheme of things it really isn't a big event, but to me it was very symbolic of my maturing daughter becoming a more independent young woman.  Wow, where has the time gone.  (Cue Sunrise, Sunset music in the background....)


Michaela did great, even though I practically held onto my phone the whole 2.5 hours she was gone.  Did I mention that she was going across town, on the highway, coming home at dark, during rush hour?  Yes, I had her call to check in when she arrived at her first destination, when she left her first destination, when she arrived at her second destination, and when she left her second destination to head home.  Overprotective mom?  Maybe.  I'll settle in though.  It was indeed very nice not to have to take her to her meeting across town and find something to kill some time, all during the time I needed to be home preparing dinner.  I think I can get used to this!  Good job, Michaela!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I for one think that's a HUGE deal! And I have a feeling you'll get used to it very quickly! :) But I'd be just like you- phone on me the whole time and doing repeated checks!

Wolfes said...

Whoa!!!! :)

Alicia said...

Wat to go, Michaela!