I finally feel like we're mostly caught up on things. Even after just a week-long vacation there is so much catching up to do, but especially after being gone almost two months, there is all the more. We got started back up on school, although it's somewhat of a lighter load. We are almost finished with our school year and hopefully we'll be done in just a couple more weeks.
I've also been getting summer schedules in order.....swimming lessons, archery lessons, gymnastics, wedding RSVPs, wedding and grad gifts, etc. My piles are dwindling.....mail sorted, bills and accounting up to date, accounting is caught up for Dad and Mom's mission and Chad and Jennifer's mission that we handle Stateside things for, souvenirs put away, packages sent out, the rest of our winter clothes put away, suitcases back in storage, and more.
I still haven't made it out to the yard. There is so much weeding and maintenance to catch up on. At least Benjamin has mowed for us! I haven't done major grocery shopping yet. We've kind of been winging it and stopping by the store each day to get what's needed for the next meal. Oh, here's a funny. I was running errands and texted Benjamin that I was on my way home, just needed to make a quick stop at the grocery store.
Benjamin: Real cereal please.
Me: Such as?
Benjamin: Cinnamon toast crunch, life cinnamon, lucky charms. Nothing 'organic' or 'all natural'.
Me: But isn't that the definition of "real"?
Benjamin: Nope!
Oh my, I'm losing this battle! Anyway, the more I get done, the more I seem to keep adding to my list. I've got fall curriculum to order, our next fall trip to plan (yippee!), other house projects to work on.
Michaela is doing great. I really do miss her. It is so weird to only count four children, or six total. We usually Skype twice a day (morning and night--as we are 14 hours apart). She is currently back up in Ishinomaki with my sister's family, enjoying her cousins and helping there. She's supposed to send me pictures of some of her activities and when I get them I'll share (hint, hint, Michaela!).
Last night we got together with our Chinese student, Cici. She had to move out of her dorm for the summer, and is returning to China for a couple of months. We are storing a bunch of her stuff at our house while she's away. I really felt old, like we were college parents helping our child move out of the dorms. It really could be us, we're old enough to have a college student. Wow! Anyway, we enjoyed a nice evening with Cici. We had dinner at Outback to celebrate our school studies we are doing for Australia.
And that's my only picture from the week! I think my camera is enjoying the break from daily blogging. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment