Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 2 With 13

Never a dull moment today.  We expended a little bit of energy this morning at RB State Park.

 
In front of the rock bridge, all eleven kiddos, one slightly hidden next to Benjamin.

Despite being unprepared for hiking with our flip flops, we refrained from sustaining any major injuries.  :)

Cooling off in the Devil's Icebox Cave:

We had two "babies" along for the hike.  We soon had to ditch the stroller. 

Each kiddo had a bag to collect treasures.  


Again Mom H, never fear, we didn't sustain any major injuries with our flip flops.  ;-)



I was sweetly asked if I allowed frogs in the van.  How can one turn down that cute face?  So I obliged under the condition that the caretaker was to keep Froggie in his front t-shirt pocket.  Unfortunately that didn't last too long, because at the next stop we all had to witness the guts coming out of poor Froggie.  

King of Helping....this awesome kiddo helped Chris load wood from our neighbor's in the truck last night.   He outlasted all the others and was rewarded with a hearty meal.



Love this photogenic kid.  He is a treasure indeed!

We came home to regroup and put some burritos down hungry bellies.  


Then we had mandatory quiet time for an hour.....ahhhh.

Then it was back to fun and games.

I believe these kiddos were cheetahs.

Capture the Flag was played by the older ones.

Again, the cheetahs.

 Movie time

Then we ended the evening capturing fireflies.



Oops, we're missing one kiddo in this picture!  I'm sure he wasn't far away.

Phew, off to bed so that we can play hard again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Looks so beautiful and brings
back such wonderful memories!
I would love to be hiking there
right now!