I have a childhood friend that I love dearly, in fact she is like another sister to me. No, we haven't kept in touch the best over the years, but she's one of those people where you pick up right where you left off the last time.
I have so many fun memories of our times together. We lived just a block away from each other, went to church together, had sleepovers, played inside and outside, walked home from school together, drank Nehi soda together, and even pricked our fingers to become "blood sisters".
I love Liz's whole family. She lost her gentle giant of a father four years ago to cancer. I drove up to IL for the services and spent the weekend with Liz. You may also remember our visit from "Grandma Susie" last spring. Liz's mom came to spend spring break with us and we had lots of fun thrift store shopping, and playing games together.
Liz is battling cancer. She has several lesions on her brain. She is weak and has already lost some functions. She has been a cancer survivor once, but this time seems much more serious. I ache for her and I am begging God to reverse the effects of her cancer. If you could stop and pray for her, it would mean so much to me.
I have heard the terrible "c" word way too much in the last year. It makes me long for heaven where there will be no more sorrow, tears, or trials. I love you, Liz!
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago

1 comment:
Praying fir Liz and praying for you jocelyn!
Post a Comment