It's 4am, but jet lag is beating me badly, so I gave in and got up. I usually don't allow myself to do that and try to stay in bed, but I just couldn't, so I'm making the most of it and getting something done. :)
We didn't make it to church yesterday as we were all still in quite a fog. To top things off, Ami was feeling sick and threw up throughout the day in between napping on the couch. She hadn't had anything to eat since Saturday evening and couldn't even hold down water. Poor thing. The only thing that seemed to perk her up was holding a kitten.
Finally, in the evening, Ami seemed to be a bit more chipper, so we decided to try to go out to eat for Mother's Day. Unfortunately, she lost it in the parking lot as we were going in. So, Chris went on in to order dinner to go. We also made a quick stop at the grocery store. Chris stayed with the kids and I ran in for some basics. I'm tellin' ya, the size of the store was huge, the aisles were way wide, and the carts were enormous. Reverse culture shock!
So, we made it home, but I seriously had a hard time riding on the passenger side of the car and letting Chris drive on the right side of the road. So weird. I've traveled back and forth a lot to Japan, but I guess because we stayed such a long time this trip, things there became more normal to me.
I've been up and down since 12:30am because Ami is apparently feeling better. She's been hungry and not tired. Hmmm, wonder why! She's been keeping down crackers and water and is now sharing the couch with me. We are supposed to get back into routine with school tomorrow (I mean today!), but I'm thinking that just might not happen.
Anyway, I felt very much like a mom today with the task of cleaning up after a sick one. But, it was a nice day of relaxing, napping, unpacking as I felt like it, and just being with my family. I did get to Skype with Michaela and my Mom. I'm thankful for a Godly mother that set such an example for me. I'm also thankful for the last two months that I got to spend with her. And I also can't help but think of two birth mothers that gave life to their children, such that I now have the privilege of hearing them call me mom. Many blessings all around.
Okay, now I'm off to see how many more crackers Ami has snuck. ;-)
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago


1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day to you! I have loved reading your posts about your time spent in Japan. What a sweet, sweet time for you all and your parents.
:)
janet and gang
Post a Comment