Not a day has passed since being home that I haven't bawled like a baby. I miss being in the high country, I miss the clear starry skies, I miss being with my family that is spread out all over the world, and I miss my dear new friend.
My family at home has been so patient with me. Allowing me to sleep in and take long naps during the day. I have never slept so much in my life. It has been my retreat. The kids so sweet, have brought me breakfast in bed, brushed my hair, and gotten meals on their own.
Chris, has been so patient with me, waiting for me to come back to reality. He is an amazing husband, taking time off work to allow me to run away to the calling mountains. Forgiving and loving me. I do not deserve him.
This trip took a lot out of me, but it has given me so much more. It has changed my heart in inexplicable ways. I will never be the same.
I can only liken it to a mountaintop experience such as church camp or the birth of a child. You are up so high, then come crashing down when it's done. I'm forging ahead trying to bring my two separate realities together.
Going to the grocery store still seems foreign to me. Being around so many people is uncomfortable. I could not even face going to church this morning. How is this possible in just being gone for eleven days? I can't explain.
I lost over 5 pounds on this trip. What's that about with all the good eating we did?! And if you're counting thirds, that would mean I should have carried even less weight on my back. Call it the new Double Pack diet plan.
To anyone who has read through my whole trek, you deserve a reward. I have written this more for myself than anything, for they are memories I do not want to forget. I don't even expect anyone except my fellow travelers to understand all of this. It is a sacred part of my life now, forever changing and challenging me.
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment