Sunday, August 26, 2012

Benjamin's Birthday

Unfortunately while I was gone I missed Benjamin's 14th birthday.  It was on our last day out and into the Valley, so I was able to phone home and share some love.  We celebrated his birthday over several different days.  Before I left Benjamin got to go on a lunch date with Chris and me and open a couple of gifts.  On his actual birthday he got to go out to breakfast with Chris, and have pizza, a movie, and a friend over in the evening, and open a couple more gifts.

After I got home we celebrated with Benjamin's chosen meal (Sloppy Joes, fruit salad, jello, and chocolate cake) and opened more gifts.  He was a great sport about spreading out his birthday.  We have had some tough trials with Benjamin and his cancer over this last year, but it has been wonderful to watch his growth and maturity and how he has handled it all.  We love you, Benjamin!



The book, an inside joke.....or if you are a fan of Tim Hawkins you will understand.  :)


 


No comments: