After eleven days away, I arrived home late Monday night. It is hard to sum up my trip in a single word or two. I had so many experiences, both good and bad. I experienced highs and lows. I discovered a new friend. I discovered things about myself that I never knew possible.
As Charles Dickens wrote, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the
epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of
Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was
the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing
before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct
the other way...." Dad, Mom, Jeremy, Jonathan, and Jeff, my fellow travelers, can only know how true this quote is. We shared something amazing and despite it also being the worst of times, I'd like to think we'd all jump at the opportunity to go again.
I'll be posting and backdating each day as it unfolded before us. Some moments almost too sacred to share, some memories I want to savor and never ever forget. It has honestly been the most difficult re-entry I have ever experienced after being away from home. Integrating into the "real world" and my life here at home has been something I never imagined would be so difficult. I find myself weeping often, unable to explain the emotions running deep within my heart. Thank you for reading and allowing me to relive the best of times and the worst of times.
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago
3 comments:
to quote an old 'Cheers' episode "that dickens guy sure knows how to cover his bases"!!
But, seriously, i can't wait to follow your journey. Thank you for sharing your trip and your heart with us!
Just checking back to see if you have added to your story!
janet and gang
Okay, just spent the last hour reading, and I'm exhausted! What a trip.... glad you are home safe and sound! Thanks for sharing the trip (LOVED the DETAILS!) and for convincing me that walking the slightly hilly walking path to and from school every day is about as adventurous as I need to be! :)
Post a Comment