I have no pictures from Sunday, but the day started with another shower. There was still dirt! We visited a church in San Jose that supports Dad and Mom's ministry. Jeff met us there as well and we enjoyed lunch afterwards. Then it was another tough goodbye. I had grown to love this "strange" man in just the nine days that I had known him. Saying goodbye was another indication that our wonderful week was at its end. I was a sobbing, blubbering mess.
Dad, Mom, and I drove on down to my aunt and uncle's in Watsonville. I had extended my trip by a day so that I would have the opportunity to see them. They are very dear to me and it was good to visit with them for a short while. We spent the night there, had a nice breakfast at our favorite restaurant on the Santa Cruz wharf, then they drove me to the airport.
My final tough good bye. Our eyes were all brimming with tears. Dad and Mom have made this a very special summer. First of all they spent a week with our kids so that Chris and I could enjoy our 20th anniversary get-away in Mexico, they spent the 4th of July with us, and we experienced unspeakable treasured time in Yosemite. I love you Dad and Mom!
My flight home was uneventful. I slept nearly the whole way. I caught a shuttle home and was warmly welcomed home by Chris. As it was after 10:30pm, I awoke the kids for sleepy hugs. So good to be home and feel their arms around me.
Thank you Chris and kiddos for allowing me the privilege of this time away. I owe you much!
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago


1 comment:
Whew.... What an amazing trip! Glad that you all survived and had a wonderful time together. The pictures are gorgeous and I can only imagine how much more beautiful God's creation is in person.
P.S. Glad you shared your adventure quickly-those were a lot of cliffhangers!
Post a Comment