For the last couple of years the three girls have shared a large bedroom. It has two closets and Michaela had her own "walk-in" closet that gave her some private space. We used one of the other bedrooms for all the play things, books, and another school work space. But it was time to give Michaela her own place again, so she got to move up to the old "play room".
Michaela has a natural knack for decorating and is a lover of being organized, so she couldn't wait to pick out paint colors, decor, etc. While Chris was gone, Michaela and I got her new room painted and things moved up and down the stairs. We've still got wall hangings to take care of, and curtains to trim, but it's almost done. Michaela has very much enjoyed her own space already!
I believe this first picture was after we had the first coat of paint on. The walls used to be lavender (left over from Ami's nursery days). In the second coat we stirred in special paint glitter. It sounds funny, but it really has a neat subtle look. Below is Michaela getting settled amongst the mess.
So this is part of the mess in a holding area until we get the new room for Johanna and Ami done. Chris and I got the first coat of paint on this afternoon and will hopefully get the next one on tomorrow. Again, it will have the sparkle mixed in with the very pink paint!
Gone is the yellow from the Surfer Girl themed room. It is now very pink! Beds and furniture are all in the center of the room and it's quite a mess. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have things mostly in place and I can post some "after" pictures.




1 comment:
I love before/during/after redecorating pictures. Keep 'em coming. I think both rooms are going to look AWESOME!! So much fun to get new looks in your bedrooms! :)
Post a Comment