Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fort Improvement

Even though the greening up of the woods is once again providing camouflage, I got tired of looking out my kitchen window and seeing the boys' shack of a fort in the front woods.  So I did what every good mom would do and bought a bucket of brown paint and let them go at it.  They had a great time, and although the blight den is still visible, the appearance has improved.



My kitchen view:



I know that one day I will look out my kitchen window and only see the remains of where my young sons once played.  So while my home may not have the best "curb appeal", it is OUR home and there is proof when folks pull down our driveway that we have family, we have kids, we have imaginations, and we love to play in the nature that surrounds us. 

No comments: