My sister and I share our birthday with our country. In our younger years we grew up thinking that all the fireworks were for us! In age we are two years and two minutes apart, though currently thousands of miles separate us. I miss her all the more so on our special day. She is someone I have always looked up to, and admire more with each passing year. I love you, Jennifer!
(Tahoe 2011)
We enjoyed our time with family playing games, eating yummy food, shooting fireworks, and relaxing together. Dad, Mom, Jeremy, and I also worked on some planning for our upcoming Yosemite backpacking trip. Can't wait!
With Jeremy here, we made some Osaka okonomiyaki!
We had to have our southern Amy try out our local favorite BBQ place. I think it passed. :)
Oh, so many choices. We drive by this tent for a couple of weeks every season and the kids eagerly anticipate shopping here.
We shot off most of our fireworks on the 3rd so that we could enjoy the city fireworks on the 4th.
Birthday time....my neighbors brought a beautiful vase full of flowers from their garden.
Jeremy and Amy picked up donuts from our favorite shop.
We had presents, steaks, cake, homemade ice cream, and more.
Then off to the city fireworks show. We got there just in time and had decent seats to view the 9:30 show at 95 degrees! (We've had over a week with triple digit temps every day.)
Never fun to say good bye. Our Ami sure loves Amy. I guess having the same name makes for a more special bond. :)
Dad and Mom will be back next month for a couple more days before I join them in CA for our backpacking trip.
Thank you, Jeremy and Amy, for making the trip out here. We can't wait to visit you in NC!


























1 comment:
What a great birthday and week - happy birthday! Really sweet to see Jeremy and Amy with you all - good memories to last a lifetime.
Post a Comment