Monday, July 23, 2012

No Schedule

With most of our company over for the summer, we've been enjoying some lazy days without much of a schedule at all.  Michaela has pretty much been sewing non-stop.  She looks up free patterns on-line and uses Ami and Johanna as her models to create all sorts of things.  It's been really fun to her progress and to see what she comes up with.  Here is just a sampling.


I love this dark tie-dye on Ami's tanned skin.  There's even a matching hair clip!



This dress-up dress is quite fancy.  Michaela had layers of foof underneath the dress, but Ami decided it was more fun to wear on her head.  :)


 

Grandpa H had a knee replacement, so we visited him at the hospital and have since been making regular visits at his house.  The kids seems to make his day and bring some much needed smiles.  


Ahhh, Benjamin has become a master at making his own version of frappuccinos with the morning's leftover coffee.  I think I'm loving summer with the kids sewing for me, hanging out at the pool with me, and bringing iced coffee drinks to me.  :)


2 comments:

Alicia said...

Ahhh...the lazy days of summer.

Michaela, is becoming quite the seamstress. Very impressive!

Kim said...

I love Michaela'a sewing projects. She seems very talented. Happy "Sweet 16" to her a few days early. I have not forgotten that we share a birthday. I hope she has a really great day :-)