Monday, July 30, 2012

School Starts

I know it's still July, but we got started on the 2012-2013 school year today.  We still have a couple of weeks that we are taking off in August, so we needed to get started now, but our main goal is to finish up by the end of April so that we can take another extended trip to Japan in the spring.  So despite the groans we will persevere with Japan on our minds!

Junior!

8th

7th

6th
 (Yes, goggle tan lines on her face!)

1st

My one-room schoolhouse students

 Trying to be silly for the camera

On another note, Benjamin had his 6-month CT scan follow up today.  We are headed to STL on Friday for an MRI and a visit with the oncologist to hear the results.  We don't expect to hear of any tumor regrowth, but it is always a bit of a kick in the stomach to be reminded of the reality of Benjamin's cancer.  It gets me every time to see him with a hospital band around his wrist, to see him lying on the scan table, and to even use the word "oncologist".  With Benjamin's normal activity it's easy to forget that he's a cancer survivor with a lifetime of surveillance ahead of him due to the rare nature of his cancer.  But, God has been very good to us.  On days like today I need to remind myself of privilege of each and every day with my children and loved ones.   

1 comment:

Laurie said...

After being away from blogs for a week, I thoroughly enjoyed getting caught up with you this morning!! Loved the new school pictures of the kids! And I also loved Chris's b-day meal. I am THE pickiest eater and don't like most vegetables, but I LOVE lima beans (weird, I know), so I laughed at his dinner choice. :)