Saturday, February 16, 2013

Room Update

I finally took some pictures of the kids' rooms now that the painting and furniture rearranging is done.  We still have some wall hangings to get up and curtains to shorten (in Michaela's room), but for the most part they are all settled in now.  Whew, that was a chore!  We only painted the two girls' rooms, but we swapped bunk beds, and some shelves....which also means stacks of books....between three rooms.  The kids are enjoying their "new" rooms, and Michaela is especially enjoying her own space now.





You can kind of see some of the sparkle in the paint.  It's very subtle and just shines a bit when the light is just right.  Not too much, and it's so pretty!

Michaela's also has the sparkle, but her room looks much more sophisticated with the grey walls.  Gotta get some things up on the walls and the curtains trimmed still.  Her room used to be a "study" with a fireplace....now boarded up, but the brick is still there.  Some day I'll get brave enough to tackle painting it.  She gets the beautiful bay window with great views of the woods.  I wish I could take pictures of her drawers and closet space.  She would make generations of Rickards proud with her ultimate organizing!  Seriously, she needs to get a job on a clean-sweep, or organizing type show!




And then there is the boys' room....just a bit more disheveled.  :)  There is frequently stuff all over the floor, "projects" that they are working on.  Currently Benjamin is building an arc reactor, such as in the Ironman movies.  He's pretty ingenious using hot glue, a mold, LEDs, copper wire, etc.  Benjamin and Elijah also just took apart our dead microwave and salvaged parts.  Who knows what they'll come up with next!





(LOL, check out the Taco Bell sauce packet taped up for display!)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Love the "remodels". Their rooms look very spacious! Wish Michaela lived closer... I'd have her come do some organizing at my house! :)

Emily said...

Wow, do the rooms look GREAT! I bet Michaela is loving her new space. I'd move into a room like that in a heartbeat....fireplace, bay window....NICE!

Pam