Monday, March 18, 2013

Catch Up Post

I haven't really taken that many pictures since our big snowstorms.  We've been pretty busy getting school work done and taking care of the myriad of other things it takes to prepare for being gone for a couple of months.  It seems like as soon as I get one thing checked off my list, I come up with two other things that I need to do.  Just three more days and, ready or not, we'll be on our way, and that list won't matter anymore!

So, here is some randomness from over the last several days.

The deer and our cats don't mind each other, but I do mind the deer eating the seed from my bird feeders!



We had Grandpa and Grandma over for a short visit before we leave on our trip.  Grandma fixed a great Russian meal for us, as we had just finished up studying about Russia in school.  We also invited Cici to join us.  



The cats climb all over our vehicles, and apparently Marshmallow jumped from the top of the van to the open garage door.  Michaela left in the van, and a couple of hours later we discovered poor kitty stuck on the door.  Good thing no one had tried to close the door!

Our resident chemist (big sis) had left an experiment on the table, and in the meantime, the Mad Scientist took over.  

We had a mini early birthday celebration for Johanna.  Her birthday will be while we're in Japan, but we wanted to give her this gift before we left....for obvious reasons!


1 comment:

Emily said...

A couple of months? You'll be gone for a couple of months? My goodness, that's quite a trip! SO excited that you're able to go for such a nice, long time. I do hope you'll be blogging from Japan.

Safe travels~
Pam