Well, this trip has been a couple of months in the making. There have been multiple flights to arrange, supplies and gifts to purchase, school preparations to be made, house care set in place, bags to pack, etc., etc., etc. The day is finally here.
That would be seventeen pieces of luggage! Good thing we own a big van and that Dad and Mom have two vehicles in which to pick us up at the airport. Seven of those pieces are our individual carry-ons, and at least three suitcases worth are things that we are taking over for my parents and sister's family. So, that really only leaves one checked bag and one carry-on per person. Not bad for as long as we will be staying, I say!
Chris will stay for the first three weeks. Then the four younger kids and I will stay for a total of seven weeks. Then Michaela gets to stay for three months! With the expense of getting there, a free place to stay once we're there, and the flexibility of home schooling, we are making the most of this trip. I'll definitely be blogging and posting pictures, there will be lots of memories to record.
We'd appreciate your prayers as we navigate the next 36 hours to my parent's door. A fun bonus is that this time we get to fly through Beijing. When I reminded Ami this morning that we were going to be in China she said, "I forgot what China looks like.". And then, "Are we going to adopt anybody?" :) No honey, not this time.....
Dad and Mom, Chad and Jennifer, and five fabulous cousins.....we can't wait to hug you!! xoxo
2017 Year in Review
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment