Sunday, April 22, 2012

Disney World - Road Trip and Arrival

We took off bright and early Saturday morning from home.  We only had to stop four hours into the trip because I was tired of driving!  We took a quick break, filled up with gas, then Chris took over driving for the next 5 1/2 hours until we arrived at a campground just north of Atlanta, Georgia.  I think that's the best time we've ever made on a road trip. I still can't believe we didn't have to make any more than one pit stop.  Love that big gas tank on the van!

We camped at a beautiful state park, Red Top Mountain.  Today we only had about 7 more hours of drive time to get to Disney World.  We got checked in to the amazing Fort Wilderness campground on the Disney Resort.  It's the nicest campground we've ever been to.  We got camp set up, fixed dinner, then headed over to the main pool.  It's open 24 hours!  The kids enjoyed the hot tub, the slides, and being able to be out of the van.  Afterwards we stuck around the campfire and joined in the sing-along.  Fun for a bit until the kids were too cold from their wet swimsuits.  :)

We're looking forward to our first day at Magic Kingdom tomorrow!












2 comments:

Amy said...

i'm so excited for you i can't stand it!! it's so much fun anticipating the opening of the gate that first day!!

Looks like you are off to a great and fun start to you week!!

Laurie said...

You teach me so much, Jocelyn. Who knew there was camping at Disney World? Not I! I love following along on your trips. Thanks for inviting us! :)